I absolutely love autumn and everything it entails: refreshingly crisp weather, beautiful colored leaves, and fun activities like Mizzou football Saturdays, pumpkin patches, and corn mazes. Best of all, October means it's time for Halloween! Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday, trumping Christmas (I know, I know, I'm crazy). I'm excited for what the month has to bring...
I made a summer bucket list, and it was a complete failure (despite a wonderful summer!) so for fall, I am determined to scratch some of these activities off my list:
- Enjoy every Mizzou home gameday by donning my best black-and-gold and cheering on the Tigers, whether it be at a bar, tailgate or Faurot Field.
- Decorate our apartment for fall and Halloween.
- Do my usual pumpkin carving, but also try out some pretty pumpkin decorating ideas, like glitter spray paint or chevron stripes.
- Indulge in everything pumpkin: pumpkin pie, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin muffins... (And try not to gain 10 pounds in the process).
- Go to Oktoberfest in Soulard. (Tickets purchased!)
- Go to a haunted house (or the haunted asylum that I chickened out at last year).
- Do the local zombie paintball hayride. (Tickets purchased!)
- Get outside as much as possible and enjoy the beautiful weather before winter (i.e., actually use my tennis courts, have a picnic in the park, bike the Katy Trail again).
- Finally plan a weekend for Megan to come visit.
- Do some "fall cleaning" and organizing because "spring cleaning" and summer cleaning just didn't happen... And now that boyfriend has moved in, we need to better organize our space.
What are you most excited about for autumn?