Starting a new year with a fresh mindset that's ready to meet new challenges is inspiring and motivating. This is year I'm determined to stick to my resolutions, because they're all about becoming a happier, calmer and more well-rounded person.
My resolutions for 2012:
- Health: I need to form healthy habits and stay consistent with a healthy routine. This means less restaurant food, more home-cooked healthy meals and exercising at least 3 times a week. I want to become inspired to be a fit person. I want to get to a stage where exercise is a natural part of my day, and one that I couldn't imagine living without. I'd like to start running again, too.
- Career: I love my job, and I want to be the best I can be at work. I want to start coming into the office earlier, stay on task all day, and put forth my very best effort with every project. I want to better organize my desk, and keep better records for less stress. I also want to reach out to freelance contacts I neglected at the end of college, and see if there's potential there for more freelance projects.
- Money: I need to budget. I need to stop spending money on clothes, entertainment and dining. I must try to save more. I plan to read up on budgeting and finances, and then form a household budget plan that I can stick to.
- Home: I want to make my apartment a home. It's continually too messy and disorganized. I want to be more domestic (get better at cooking, cleaning and organizing).
- Family and Friends: I need to work on my communication with friends and family. Now that so many of my friends are scattered post-college, I need to make an effort to keep in touch. I'm too reliant on text messaging; I need to pick up the phone once a week and call my mom and best friends. I also need to work on spending time with the friends who live nearby. I get too wrapped up in "me" time after a stressful day or time with my boyfriend.
- Style: I want to better utilize my closet and dress well every day, despite however lazy I may feel after rolling out of bed on a cold Monday morning. When my look is put together, I feel more put together. I want to dress my best and continue to take style risks, regardless of the fact that I live in a small Midwestern city.